How to Prepare
Before the Photo Shoot
Our goal at Studio Massei is to provide you with the best photo shoot experience that we can give you. Sometimes for us to achieve this there is some preparation that must happen on both ends. Here is how we suggest getting ready for your photos shoot day!
Choosing a date
Choosing a date that works for both ends is a very important step in preparing for you shoot, when thinking about your date heres a few things to keep in mind:
- Try to reserve a date at least a month and a half to guarantee your date or have room to move things around due to weather or emergency.
- Consider the season you want your photos to be taken in if you have the option to choose. (Winter’s snow, Autumn’s leaves )
- Be flexible! The weather is unpredictable, we can’t guarantee that the flowers will be in full bloom in the spring or the trees will have leaves or fall colors in the fall.
*To reserve a date a 50% deposit is required*
Choosing a location
Choose a location is very important and we suggest that you choose a meaningful and special to you both as a couple and as a family. It could be where you first met, where you had your first date, it could be where you work or just a place where you like to be together. The location helps tie the whole photo together! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consider local places you like to visit together, such as cafes, markets or your favourite parks for sightseeing
- Make sure the place has parking and private space for wardrobe changes
- Do not forget that many places require photo permission. Check in advance if a licenses is required and their costs
- No idea is crazy enough that it can not be done, we love challenges let us hear your ideas
- For more rental ideas click on the Locations button
- Keep in mind we also can’t control people in open public places or what it looks like in certain seasons, Choose at your own risk
Choosing a time
The time of our shoot is also very important here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The sun is not always our best friend during the photo shoot, so try to avoid the shoots in the middle of the day, since the sun is very bright and unpleasant
- Choose early morning, late afternoon, or outdoor at night.
- For in door photos like restaurants, coffee shops and bookstores … Check the opening hours of the places and at what time they are less busy to avoid crowds
Day of Photo Shoot
What to Wear
- For maternity shoots we offer the dresses for the mothers, but mothers are free to wear their own clothes.
- Choose outfits that make you feel comfortable and confident.
- Combinations of colors between the family is esential.
- Elegant dresses and suits are a great option for more formal occasions
- High heels can at times be uncomfortable to walk in so bring comfortable shoes to walk in when we go from one location to another.
- In the winter season bring warm clothing to get warm in between shots or while walking from one location to another.
What to Bring
- Bring any objects that is important to you that you may want to include in your photo to make it even better. (signs, props, clothing)
- Bring water and small snacks just in case you get hungry (we do recommend eating before or after the shoot)
- Bring an umbrella if there is a small chance of rain
- Bring blankets, scarves, mittens or gloves, hats, and extra sweaters if it’s chilly outside. Remember that even in the summer, once the sun is down it can get a little cold
- Make sure pets are allowed at the filming location if they are to be included in your shoots
- Remember to bring them water and treats to help direct them
- Do bring a sturdy bag to keep all your things in one place and keep in mind that the bag can become heavy as we begin to walk from one shot to another
What to do During the Session
- Try and relax and have fun!
- Playing and making jokes among family members is the best way to relax and unwind
- Couples try and stay close to each other and flirt. Hold hands, hug, and snuggle.
- Give each other soft kisses. Kisses on the forehead, cheek, and lips are all welcome
- Do not worry if you are nervous. Shake it off, ask for a break, or change what you are doing. The most important thing is for you to be comfortable and have fun!
- trust us and follow our direction!